Terms and conditions for Site Solutions (FM) Limited:
Updated 22nd January 2024
1 The Terms
1.1 What these Terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply the Services described below to you. By submitting an order you accept these Terms.
1.2 Why you should read them. Please read these Terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These Terms tell you who we are, how we will provide the Services to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these Terms please contact us to discuss.
1.3 Where you can find our Terms. Our Terms can be found at: www.sitesolutions-ltd.co.uk or by calling or emailing us at the details in Clause 3.3.
1.4 The content of the Terms. Company employees and sub-contractors are not authorised to make any changes or variations to these Terms.
2.1 When the following words with capital letters are used in these Terms, this is what they will mean:
- Law: the requirements of any statute, act, regulation, order, statutory instrument, European Community legislation or directive having direct effect, bye-law, order of any government department, local authority or other public or competent authority, guidelines contained in government waste management papers and codes of practice having the force of law.
Services: the waste collection, plant hire or equipment hire services.
- Skip: the waste container(s);
- Plant: all classes of plant, machinery and equipment which we agree to hire to you.
- Terms: the terms and conditions set out in this document.
- Controlled and Hazardous Wastes: Difficult or hazardous wastes as defined by The Hazardous Waste Regulations 2005/2011 or as amended by The Waste Regulations 2011.
- You / Your: The hirer of the Skip
- Us : Site Solutions (FM) Limited or any sub-contractor who we engage to undertake the Services. For the avoidance of doubt, words such as We and Our used in these Terms are also referring to Site Solutions (FM) Limited or any sub-contractor who we engage to undertake the Services.
3 Information about us and how to contact us
3.1 Who we are. Site Solutions (FM) Limited is a supplier of outsourced waste and site services and a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 10555399 and our registered office is Group Office, Walwyn Road, Colwall, WR13 6EG
3.2 Who We provide Services to. We provide the Services to domestic (consumers) and commercial (business/trade) customers.
3.3 How to contact us. You can contact us by calling the telephone number: 01684 353556 or by emailing us at: email@example.com.
3.4 How we may contact You. If we have to contact You we will do so by telephone or by email at the email address You provide to us with Your order. When We use the words “writing” or “written” in these Terms, this includes emails.
4 Our contract with You
4.1 How We will accept your order. You can place an order with Us by telephone, text message or by email. Once We let You know that Your order has been accepted, a contract will come into existence between You and Us. The contract will include Your order and these Terms.
4.2 If We cannot accept Your order. If We are unable to accept Your order, We will inform You of this by email or by telephone. Some Services may not be available in your location.
4.3 We will provide You with the Services. We or Our sub-contractors will provide You with the Services where You have ordered them.
5 Your rights to make changes
5.1 Please contact Us if You wish to change Your order. We will let You know about any changes to the price of the Services, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of Your requested change and ask You to confirm whether You wish to go ahead with the change.
6 Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by You
6.1 Consequential losses. We will not be liable for any consequential expenses, liabilities, losses, claims or proceedings whatsoever caused by, or arising out of, the late delivery, non delivery, unsuitability or repossession of the Plant, or any breakdown or defect in the Plant.
6.2 We do not exclude or limit in any way Our liability to You where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by Our negligence or the negligence of Our employees, agents or subcontractors; or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
6.3 We will not be liable for damage or injury caused by the Skip or Plant or Your use of it.
6.4 Limit on liability. Except as set out in clause 6.2, Our liability to You in respect of all claims arising out of the order is limited to 200% of the price paid by You for the Services or £10,000, whichever is greater.
7 Your general Obligations with respect to the Services
7.1 You must ensure there is suitable access to provide the Services.
- If You fail to do so We will not provide Services on agreed date but We may still charge You for Our wasted journey and administration.
- You are responsible for the removal and reinstatement of local obstructions and for ensuring suitable ground conditions for the erection, operation and dismantling of Plant items which may form part of the Services.
- No responsibility will be accepted by us for damage to any surface over which the Skip or Plant has been moved to reach its intended position of use and You should therefore take steps to protect surfaces (paving slabs, soft ground etc) before delivery of the Skip or Plant. The reinstatement of any fixing holes drilled in buildings is Your responsibility. Under no circumstances are We responsible for sinkage or ground movement on delivery or collection associated with the Services.
- We will not normally place a Skip over walls, fences or hedges. If instructed to do so by You and Our driver assesses that it can be done safely, no liability will be accepted by Us for damage caused by placing the Skip over walls, fences or hedges. You must notify Us at the time of ordering the Services of any special requirements.
7.2 Acceptance of the Services on site. You accept that any delivery or collection note signed by a person with apparent authority to do so shall be deemed to have been signed by Your authorised representative.
7.3 You must not breach the Law. If You breach the Law and We suffer any loss or there are costs which arise from You breaching the Law then You will have to reimburse Us for all losses and any costs We incur because of Your breach.
7.4 Insurance and notification of accidents.
- You are responsible for obtaining all prudent insurance cover, including third party liability and cover against loss or damage to the Plant or Skip.
- You must show Us a copy of the policy or policies. You hold on trust for Us all policy proceeds in or towards satisfaction of Your obligations under Clauses 8.4 and 9.3.
- If the Plant or Skip is involved in any accident resulting in injury to persons or damage to property You must give Us immediate notice by telephone and confirm it in writing.
- You shall not admit any liability or compromise any claim relating to the Plant or Skip without Our consent in writing.
7.5 Period and determination of hire. If You are an individual within the meaning of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 the maximum period of hire shall be 3 months.
7.6 Right of access. You shall allow Us access to the Plant at all reasonable times for the purpose of inspection, maintenance, replacement or repossession.
8 Your specific obligations with respect to Skips
8.1 You must ensure that You tell Us what type of waste You are presenting for collection.
- We may refuse to collect any waste material that is not correctly described or of which We were not made aware.
- We may require additional payment and further information from You before We can collect any waste material You did not make Us aware of and We will inform You of any change in price and further information required and ask You to confirm whether You wish to go ahead.
8.2 You must ensure that the Skip is not overflowing.
- We will not perform the Services if the Skip is overflowing. Lining a Skip with boards and then filling up within those boards above the level of the Skip is not acceptable.
- If the Skip is loaded above the level of the sides in an unsafe manner or compromises the Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) You will be responsible for reloading or unloading the Skip to make it safe for transportation.
8.3 You confirm You have full authority to dispose of the waste. We will collect the waste on the basis it is Yours and that You take full responsibility for it. You will protect Us from and pay to Us the amount of any claims made by any other person against Us if the waste is not Yours or You do not have full authority to dispose of it.
8.4 You must take care of the Skip We provide.
- You must not move, relocate, damage, allow fires in, permanently mark or paint the Skip. The Skip will remain ours or Our sub-contractor’s property.
- You will not own the Skip. If a Skip is damaged, lost, stolen or permanently marked or painted We may charge You a fee of up to £1,000.00 inc VAT.
- If a Skip is damaged due to reasonable wear and tear or was damaged whilst We were providing Services We will not charge You a fee.
8.5 Inert Waste. Where inert waste loads (soil/hardcore/muck) are ordered and they are found to contain other waste types, in particular mixed builders waste materials thus contaminating the load, You will be charged accordingly for additional tipping charges. This is because the load will have to be sorted by Us or tipped as a mixed load at a considerably different landfill tax rate.
8.6 Crane rated Skips. You must tell Us at the time of booking the Services if You intend the Skip to be transported on site by a crane. Skips that are being lifted by a crane must be rated for such application.
9 Your Specific Obligations with respect to Plant
9.1 Acceptance of the Plant or any personnel supplied by Us on site implies acceptance of all terms and conditions herein unless otherwise previously agreed in writing.
9.2 Loading and unloading the Plant. You are responsible for loading and unloading the Plant at Your site.
- You shall be responsible for the unobstructed access and egress to a site, and where applicable any access road to the site and, unless otherwise agreed in writing, for unloading and loading of the Plant at the site or on the access road: and any personnel supplied by Us for such unloading and/or loading shall be deemed to be under the direction and the control of You.
- Such personnel shall for all purposes in connection with their company in the unloading and/or loading of the Plant be regarded as the servants or agents of You who shall be solely responsible for all claims arising in connection with unloading and /or loading of the Plant by, or with the assistance of, such personnel.
- If you return the Plant to Us then You will be responsible for unloading it at Our premises.
9.3 Delivery in good order and Maintenance .
- The person signing to accept the Plant has been afforded an opportunity to inspect the Plant which is deemed to be in good working order and wholly free from damage at the time of signature.
- If the Plant has been accepted on site by You, the Plant is also deemed to be in good working order and wholly free from damage at the time of delivery. Any shortages of Plant must be notified to Us within 24 hours of the commencement of the hire and confirmed in writing within 72 hours, save for either an inherent fault or a fault not ascertainable by reasonable examination, in accordance with terms of the Contract and to the Hirer’s satisfaction, provided that where the Plant requires to be erected on site, the periods stated above shall be calculated from the date of completed erection of Plant.
- If You fail to do this hire charges will continue and You will be responsible for the cost of replacing shortages in accordance with Clause 9.3.
9.4 You shall be responsible for the safe keeping of the Plant
- its use in a workmanlike manner within the manufacturer’s rated capacity and in accordance with the manufacturer’s and/or Our recommendations, and its return on the completion of the Hire Period in equal good order (fair wear and tear excepted).
9.5 You shall at all times
When hiring Plant without Our operator or driver take all reasonable steps to keep themselves acquainted with the state and condition of the Plant. If such Plant is continued at work or in use in an unsafe and unsatisfactory state or environment, You shall be solely responsible for any damage, loss, cost, expense, or accidents whether directly or indirectly arising therefrom.
9.6 Any inspection report required under the relevant legislation, or a copy thereof,
shall be supplied by Us, if requested by You, and returned on completion of the Hire Period.
9.7 Servicing And Inspection
- You shall at all reasonable times allow Us, Our agents, or insurers to have access to the Plant to inspect, test, adjust, repair, or replace the same.
- You shall allow such access during the Working Day.
- We reserve the right to charge You for any inspection or maintenance work carried out on the Plant during the Hire Period.
9.8 Ground and Site Conditions
- You are deemed to have knowledge of the site, the site’s access road, the property or land where the Plant is to be delivered or collected, loaded or unloaded, to work on, travel over, be transported over, be erected or dismantled on is suitable for the use of such Plant, and any electronic interference which may affect the Plant.
- If, in the opinion of You, the ground (including any private access road or track) is soft or unsuitable for the Plant, then You shall supply and lay suitable support in a suitable position for the Plant.
- Any suitable support supplied by Us is provided solely to assist You under your duties within clause 9.8 and expressly not to relieve you of your legal, regulatory, or contractual obligations to ensure adequate stability of the Plant.
- You are responsible for the protection of, and liable for any damage to, any underground, surface or above ground services and utilities including, but not limited to cables, ducts, water pipes and gas lines, and any pavements, bridges, tunnels, and roadways on or adjacent to the site and You shall liaise as necessary and comply with all requirements of the relevant statutory authority or similar body.
9.9 Lost, non-returned, damaged or unclean Plant.
- You must immediately notify both Us and the police of any loss or theft of the Plant. When the Plant is not returned or is returned incomplete Your liability will only cease when You pay to the Owner the manufacturer’s current list price for the missing or incomplete item of Plant.
- In the event that Plant is manufactured to Our design the cost of the missing or incomplete item is the current price charged by Us to a customer who wishes to purchase that item of Plant. You agree to pay to Us all costs incurred by Us in rectifying the condition of the Plant if it is returned damaged unclean or incomplete. Hire charges will continue until such rectification is complete.
10.0 Maintenance of Plant and breakdown procedures.
- You will ensure that the Plant remains safe, serviceable and clean. Any breakdown or the unsatisfactory working of or damage to any part of the Plant must be notified immediately to Us and confirmed in writing.
- Any claim for breakdown time will only be considered from the time and date at which written notification is received and acknowledged by Us.
- You shall not repair, modify, or alter the Plant without the prior written permission from Us (including without limitation the changing or repair of any tyre/puncture).
- You are responsible for all costs incurred in the changing or replacement of any tyre (which must be of an equivalent specification) as approved by Us and for the repair of any puncture.
- Such Plant must be returned to Our premises for examination or when rectification elsewhere is requested, You agree to pay carriage if required by Us.
10.1 Safe use of the Plant.
- When a driver or operator or any person is supplied by Us with the Plant, We shall supply a person competent in operating the Plant or for such purpose for which the person is supplied and such person shall be under the direction and control of You.
- Such drivers or operators or persons shall for all purposes in connection with their employment in the working of the Plant be regarded as the servants or agents of You and You shall be solely responsible for all site costs and claims arising in connection with the operation of the Plant by the said drivers/operators/persons.
- You shall be responsible for all expense involved arising from any breakdown, unsatisfactory working of or damage to any part of the Plant due to Your negligence, misdirection, or misuse of the Plant, whether by You or your servants.
- During the period the Plant is necessarily idle due to breakdown, unsatisfactory working or damage, You are responsible for the cost of spares and/or repairs due to theft, loss, or vandalism of the Plant.
- We will be responsible for the cost of repairs, inclusive of the cost of spares, to the Plant involved in breakdown from all other causes.
- You confirm that You have the necessary knowledge and experience to operate and use the Plant.
- You will not misuse the Plant or allow any person to use the Plant who is not properly instructed in its use and You will ensure that all applicable health and safety rules and regulations are observed.
- Where the Plant comprises electrical equipment it must be connected to the correct supply by a qualified electrician. You are responsible for providing a suitable 3 phase and earth supply to the base of each item of Plant.
- Such drivers or operators or persons shall not operate any other plant or machinery or undertake work other than that for which they are supplied by Us unless previously agreed in writing between Us and You.
10.2 Security of the Plant.
- You shall not sell or otherwise part with possession and/or control of the Plant and shall remain responsible for the Plant and its safekeeping during the hire period.
10.3 Other Stoppages
- No claims will be admitted (other than those allowed for under “Breakdown” (clause 9) as herein provided), for stoppages through causes outside Our control, including but not limited to adverse weather and/or ground conditions
- Nor shall We be responsible for the cost or expense of recovering any Plant from soft or unsuitable ground, or a hazardous environment.
- For the avoidance of doubt, You shall be responsible for the cost and expense of recovering any Plant from soft or unsuitable ground or a hazardous environment.
10.4 Loss of Other Plant due to Breakdown
- Each item of Plant specified in the Contract is hired as a separate unit and the breakdown or stoppage of one or more units or vehicles (whether the property of Us or otherwise) through any cause whatsoever, shall not entitle You to compensation or allowance for the loss of working time by any other unit or units of Plant working in conjunction therewith, provided that where two or more items of Plant are expressly hired together as a unit, such items shall be deemed to be one unit for the purpose of breakdown.
10.5 Limitation of Liability
- We shall have no liability or responsibility for any loss, or damage of whatever nature due to or arising through any cause beyond Our reasonable control;
- We shall have no liability or responsibility, whether by way of indemnity or by reason of any breach of the Contract, breach of statutory duty or misrepresentation or by reason of the commission of any tort (including but not limited to negligence) in connection with the hire, for any of the Your loss of profit, loss of use of the Plant or any other asset or facility, loss of production or productivity, loss of contracts with any third party, liabilities of whatever nature to any third party, and/or any other financial or economic loss or indirect or consequential loss or damage of whatever nature.
- Whenever the Contract (including these clauses) provides that any allowance is to be made against hire charges, such allowance shall be Your sole and exclusive remedy in respect of the circumstances giving rise to the allowance, and such remedy shall be limited to the amount of hire charges which would otherwise be or become due if the allowance in question had not been made.
- For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these conditions limits or seeks to exclude Our liability for claims of death or personal injury caused by Our negligence, fraud or for any other liability for which it is not permitted to seek to limit or exclude by operation of law.
10.6 Your responsibility for loss and Damage
- For the duration of the Hire Period (which for the avoidance of doubt includes the time Plant is left on site during a Holiday Period) You shall, be liable for all loss of or damage to the Plant, and shall also fully and completely indemnify Us and any personnel supplied by Us in respect of all claims by any person whatsoever for injury to person or property caused by or in connection with or arising out of the storage, transit, transport, unloading, loading or use of the Plant during the continuance of the Hire Period, and in connection therewith, whether arising under statute or common law.
- In the event of loss of or damage to the Plant, hire charges shall be continued at idle time rates.
10.7 Notice of Accidents
- If the Plant is involved in any accident resulting in injury to persons or damage to property, immediate notification must be given by You to Us by telephone and confirmed in writing to Us no later than 24 hours after such telephone notification.
- In relation to any claim in respect of which You are not bound to fully indemnify Us, no admission of liability, offer, promise of payment or indemnity shall be made by You without Our prior written permission.
10.8 Re- Hiring
Neither the Plant nor any part thereof shall be re-hired, sub-let, or lent to any third party without the prior written permission of Us
10.9 Change of Site
The Plant shall not be moved from the site to which it was delivered or consigned without the prior written permission of Us
10.10 Return of Plant for Repairs
- If during the Hire Period We decide that urgent repairs to the Plant are necessary then We may arrange for such repairs to be carried out on site or at any location of Our nomination.
- In the event that urgent repairs to the Plant are necessary We shall be obliged to replace the Plant with similar Plant if available, We will pay all transport charges involved.
- In the event of Us being unable to replace the Plant We shall be entitled to terminate the Contract forthwith by giving written notice to You.
10.11 Fuel, Oil and Power
- Fuel, fuel additives or power shall when supplied by You and where instructed or specified by Us, be of a grade and type specified.
- You shall be solely responsible for all damages, losses, costs, and expenses incurred by Us if You fail to supply, maintain, or use the wrong/contaminated fuel, fuel additives or power rating.
- If the Plant requires an electrical supply to either safely operate or recharge, then You will be responsible for the cost of providing the correct electrical supply, which will be available prior to the Plant’s delivery, and continue until the Plant has left the site.
- You shall ensure that all current Health and Safety and other applicable legislation and industry guidance is complied with including fitting, testing and inspection of the supply. You will indemnify Us against any and all damages, losses, or claims should You fail to do so.
11 Delivering and Collecting Skips and Plant
11.1 Operating hours.
- Our office hours are 8:30am to 5:00pm on weekdays. We will provide the Services during Our office hours.
- We may provide the Services outside of Our office hours to suit Your requirements, but We cannot guarantee to be able to do so.
- We may reschedule Services on or around bank or public holidays. We will endeavour to ensure that the requested date for the Services is met, however, due to the nature of the Services no delivery times can be guaranteed and We reserve the right to change the collection date.
- We recommend that You give us at least three working days’ notice for collection.
11.2 We are not responsible for delays outside Our control.
- If Our supply of the Services is delayed by an event outside Our control, then We will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay.
- Provided We do this We will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a delay which means You do not receive Your Skip on the day for which it was requested, You may contact Us to cancel the order and receive a refund for any Services You have paid for but not received.
11.3 Plant Delivery Preparation. Please ensure your site is fully prepared for delivery on a HIAB (craned) or articulated delivery lorry. If you are concerned about site access or ground conditions, please contact us well in advance of delivery or collection so that we can discuss the options with you. Unless we have agreed otherwise, you are responsible for the provision, connection and disconnection of mains services and drainage.
11.4 Damage Charges for units. The unit will be checked for damages once it is off hired and we will charge you for any damages incurred during the hire period
11.5 Hire Period for units/plant. All hires are made for a minimum initial period of 4 weeks unless otherwise agreed in writing.
11.6 Cancellation Charges for units/plant. Any cancellations made after 12pm on the day prior to delivery or collection will incur the full delivery or collection charges.
11.7 Timed Delivery and Collections of units/plant. Due to factors outside our control (traffic, hold up on sites, etc) we cannot guarantee a timed delivery slot. All units will normally be delivered between 8.00am and 5.00pm. We will do our utmost to meet requests for early/late or
am/pm deliveries but cannot guarantee this and additional charges may apply.
11.8 Plant/Unit off hire. Please give us at least 5 days’ notice if you would like to off-hire the units. We aim to collect within 7 working days of off-hire and will notify you if this is not possible. You remain responsible for the safekeeping of the units over the 7-day period until we have collected them
12 Location of a Skip on Public or Third-Party Land
12.1 Permission to leave a Skip on a public highway.
- Where You need to put Your Skip on a public highway (such as the street you live on), You will need permission from Your Local Authority. This permission is sometimes called a “permit” or “licence”. Public Highway can include not just streets, but verges and carparks which are maintained by the Local Authority.
- Where You need such permission, We (or Our sub-contractor) will apply for this permission on Your behalf. You promise to follow all of the conditions of that permission. If You break Your promise and breach the conditions in any permission and We suffer a loss or there are costs which arise from You breaching the permission’s conditions, then You will reimburse Us for all losses and any costs We incur.
12.2 Details of Permit for placing a Skip on the public highway.
- We will charge You for the permit to place a skip on the public highway as We (or Our sub-contractor) will be charged for it by the Local Authority. Local Authorities usually take several days to grant a permit, so You need to give Us plenty of notice. Permits also last for a fixed time period, sometimes 7 days, sometimes 14 days, or longer, depending on the Local Authority’s rules. If the Skip is required on the road for longer than the period of the permit, the permit will need to be renewed and the fee charged again.
- You will be responsible for the lighting of Skips on permits during the hours of darkness. Lights and cones will be supplied. You must report immediately any damaged, stolen or defective equipment (lights & cones) to Us.
12.3 Skips on third-party land. Where Skips are located on public or third party property and waste accumulates for any reason in the immediate proximity of the Skip, We reserve the right to supply a further Skip for the surplus material and to charge You reasonable costs for doing so.
13 Waste Types
13.1 Your responsibilities with respect to Controlled or Hazardous wastes. You must tell Us about any Controlled or Hazardous wastes before they are placed in a Skip. Loads containing Controlled or Hazardous items that You have not informed Us about may be rejected and returned to You.
13.2 Waste types to check before placing in a Skip. The following is a non-exhaustive list of common waste types that You must not place in a Skip unless You have prior approval in writing from Us to do so.
- Asbestos or possible asbestos products
- Chemicals, e.g. brake fluid or print toner
- Equipment containing ozone depleting substances, e.g. fridges & freezers
- Fluorescent light tubes
- Hazardous / harmful waste containers (Identified by hazardous markings)
Liquid wastes e.g. paints, oils and solvents
- Gas canisters
- TV’s & Computer monitors
- Contaminated soil / hardcore
- Wet concrete / screed / tarmac
- Tree stumps
- Vehicle tyres
IF IN DOUBT ABOUT ANY WASTE TYPE, YOU MUST ASK US
13.3 We can normally handle all of these waste types but You must inform Us about them before booking the Services, so that We can ensure that We use an appropriate sub-contractor for the Services.
14 Your rights to cancel the Services
14.1 You have a legal right to cancel the Services if We fail to provide Services on a scheduled date and We still have not provided them within a reasonable period afterwards (except where Our failure was caused by You or something outside of Our control); or We do something else wrong and either it cannot be put right or, if it can be put right, We do not put it right within a reasonable period.
14.2 When You don’t have the right to change Your mind. You do not have a right to change Your mind in respect of Services once they have been completed.
14.3 How We will refund You. If You are due a refund, We will refund You the relevant amount by the method You used for payment. However, We may make deductions from the price, as described below.
14.4 Deductions from refunds if You are exercising Your right to change Your mind. If You are exercising Your right to change Your mind in relation to the Services, We may deduct from any refund an amount for any part of the Services for which We have already incurred costs. This might include a wasted journey fee if You cancel the Services once a delivery journey is already underway.
14.5 When Your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to You as soon as possible.
15 Our rights to cancel the Services
15.1 We may cancel the Services if You do not, within a reasonable time, allow Us access to provide the Services.
16 Price and payment
16.1 What You must pay.
- The Services cost the price We agreed with You during the order process. You agree to pay the hire charges until the Skip or Plant is returned to or collected by Us and a receipt issued by Us.
- Telephone off-hires will not be accepted unless validated by an off-hire number which we give You. When a Skip is collected, there may be additional charges to pay such as for tonnage within the Skip that was not included within the original price of the Skip. We will inform You when taking Your order if the Skip is being charged on a transport and tonnage basis.
- With respect to Plant, hire charges relate solely to the hire of the Plant. They do not include fuel and oil supplied with the Plant, transport to and from Our premises or any other costs incurred by Us, all of which We will tell You about during the order process. When We quote you a transport charge, the cost includes for a maximum of 30 minutes attendance by Our driver at the address specified by You. If the delivery or collection takes longer than 30 minutes, You will be charged for the additional time.
16.2 Payment of tax. You are liable to pay VAT on the cost of the Services. If the rate of VAT changes between Your order date and the date We supply the Services, We will adjust the rate of VAT that You pay, unless You have already paid for the Services in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
16.3 How You can pay. We accept payment by credit, debit card or direct bank transfer. We do not accept payment by cash, postal order or cheque.
16.4 Pre-Authorisation of payment. If You have pre-paid for a skip with a debit or credit card We may use that card to take payment for any excess tonnage charges or additional costs relating to items that You put in the Skip that You did not tell Us about. We will inform You of any additional payments that You are liable for before taking payment for them.
17 How We may use Your personal information
- to supply the Services to You;
- to process Your payment for the Services; and
to give You information about similar services that We provide, but You may stop receiving this at any time by contacting us.
17.2 We will only give Your personal information to third parties where the law either requires or allows Us to do so or where it is necessary to provide the Services to You. This may include providing personal information to Our sub-contractors.
18 Other important terms
18.1 You authorise Us to act as Your agent. In certain circumstances, such as where You are not physically present when We provide the Services, We may need to sign forms as You to confirm information about the Services (e.g. the waste type being collected).
18.2 We use sub-contractors to provide the Services. You acknowledge that We sub-contract the Services to competent and experienced sub-contractors.
18.3 Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between You and Us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms, except as explained in clause 17.2. Neither of Us will need to get the agreement of any other person in order to end the contract or make any changes to these Terms.
18.4 If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
18.5 Which laws apply to these Terms and where You may bring legal proceedings. These Terms are governed by English law and You can bring legal proceedings in respect of the Services in the English courts. If You live in Scotland You can bring legal proceedings in respect of the Services in either the Scottish or the English courts.
19 Acceptance of these Terms
19.1 Account Customers. If We have offered You a credit account, a copy of these Terms will be sent to You and You must sign them and return them to Us in order to activate Your account. By signing these Terms You guarantee payment to Us of all outstanding monies including amounts owed in excess of credit limit and any interest applicable.
19.2 Non-Account Customers. If you do not have an account with us, then by submitting an order you accept these Terms.